So there will be no excuses, here’s a handy list of possibilities to get you started:
* The world is your oyster! Common culinary lore holds that oysters should be consumed only in those months that contain the letter "R." With March and April on the way, it’s high time to get your fill before the season is over. In the quest to try something new, consider consuming a raw oyster with just a dot of Texas Pete or Sriracha. The truly brave ones in the bunch could opt for a popular new underground trend-oyster s’mores! We thinks these folks can help you out: http://www.theshuckinshack.com/
* Experience the natural beauty of Carolina Beach State Park. Spring’s warmer weather and longer days means it’s the perfect time to pitch a tent, hike, bike the trails, fish or kayak. Have you ever tried the 25-ft hike to the top of Sugar Loaf Trail? It’s a great vantage point for bird watching and spotting vessels of all shapes and sizes making their way through Snow’s Cut.
* Redo your nuptials! Have you always regretted not getting married on the beach? It’s never too late. Contact the folks at A Wedding at the Beach and they will take care of everything! They're located at 307 Charlotte Avenue in Carolina Beach and their phone number is (910) 471-7545.
* If you are a boater or would like to be one, take the safe boating course with the Cape Fear Sail and Power Squadron. Isn’t it about time you either refreshed your skills or learned the rules of the water? Visit their website to learn more: http://www.capefearsailandpowersquadron.org/
* Indulge yourself with a mani, pedi, highlights or extensions! How about changing your locks to a daring new color for spring like fuchsia, turquoise or mint green? Just head to Beauty South at 125 N. Ft. Fisher Blvd in Kure Beach.
* How’s your beach bod coming along? Swimsuit season is almost here, so why not put yourself on the ultimate training program with the folks at Carolina Beach Pilates and Cycle Training Center? Find them across from Coldwell Banker Vacation Rentals at 915 Lake Park Blvd. in Carolina Beach.
* Rent a pontoon boat and go on a true adventure in and around the channels, creeks and marshes! http://www.carolinabeachpontoonrental.com/
* Rent bikes and take the ferry from Ft. Fisher to Southport, a charming historic waterfront town that’s wonderful to see from the seat of a beach cruiser. Don’t forget to wear a helmet!
* Try a Carolina Beach Pub Crawl! From Buzz’s Roost to the boardwalk, the Sea Witch on to Hoplite and Good Hops, there are loads of great choices - just never drink and drive! Check out more pub crawl ideas and dining stops here: http://www.pleasureislandnc.org/where-to-eat-listing-all.php
* It’s just about time for the Spanish Mackerel to begin running, so get your fishing license and gear and head to the Carolina Beach Fishing Pier. See what’s biting before you go when you check out their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Carolina-Beach-Fishing-Pier-Northern-Extension-161960357158961/
* Make this summer YOUR Endless Summer when you try a new sport. The area is a mecca for surfing and standup paddle boarding. Local surf legend Tony Silvagni and his crew teach year round and are more than happy to share the stoke. They even offer lessons and equipment rentals for the hottest craze around-yoga/SUP. http://www.surfschoolnc.com/