Often referred to as one of the military's 'Best Kept Secrets', Fort Fisher is home to the Ft. Fisher Air Force Recreation Area, a carefree family vacation spot for active duty military, reservists, national guard, coast guard, retired military, DoD civilians, and disabled veterans.
Situated a little over a mile south of the Kure Beach stoplight at 118 Riverfront Road in Kure Beach, The Fort Fisher AF Recreation Area plays host to a free summer concert series featuring some of the area's most popular rock, blues, beach, country, dance, and bluegrass bands.
Bring the family by on the second and fourth Fridays this summer beginning June 10th through August 26th from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm. The 2016 concert lineup includes genres for all generations. For more details visit us at www.pleasureislandnc.org
Here's a sneak peak of what this summer has to offer:
- Southern Trouble kicks it all off Friday, June 10, putting their unique style and experience to work on contemporary country, country rock, and rock covers by artists like Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Brantley Gilbert, Eric Church, Keith Urban, Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones, and many more.
- On June 24th, it's a southern-style British invasion with Liverpool, Carolina's Beatles experience. This 5-man Beatles tribute band hails from Raleigh and entertains fans with favorite Beatles hits like "I Wanna Hold Your Hand," "Ticket to Ride," and "I Need You," as well as songs by Paul McCartney.
- Justin Cody Fox wows audiences with his southern rock and alt country repertoire on July 8th. Justin has shared the stage with greats like David Lee Roth, Cowboy Mouth, Lynyrd Skynrd, and Marshall Tucker Band, just to name a few.
- Party band Bounce! from Burlington, NC gets the crowd on their feet and singing along on July 22nd. From standards like Soul Man and Love Train, to dance favorites like Footloose and Brick House, to 80's rock and pop hits, this band will get you dancing.
- South of K, an acoustic band from the Kure Beach, electrifies audiences with its un-plugged, un-packaged bluegrass brand of musical storytelling on August 12th. Influenced by performers like Balsam Range, Flatt and Scruggs, Lonesome River Band, Blue Highway, and The Infamous Stringdusters, South of K will have your feet tapping.
- Closing out the concert series at the Fort Fisher Air Force Recreation Area on August 26th is The Cut, a four-man power popular rock band covering some of the greatest rock hits from the 90s and beyond.