2. What local dancer is credited with developing and popularizing the dance known as the “shag”?
3. Kure Beach takes its name from one of the first families to visit and buy property in the area. It is pronounced “Cure-ee” and the family was originally from:
4. The man, Robert Harrill, who became known as the legendary Fort Fisher Hermit was originally from:
5. In its heyday during the Civil War, Fort Fisher was known as:
The Gibraltar of the South
The Sand Castle Fortress
The Iron Mermaid
6. When the Astor Hotel burned to the ground in 1985, it was how old?
7. Kure Beach boasts its own natural wonder. What is it?
An artesian well
A coquina outcrop
A rocky sea cave
8. Which hurricane did the most recent damage to the Kure Beach Pier?
9. Which Native American tribal group predominately populated the area now known as the Cape Fear Coast, which includes Pleasure Island?
10. What is the name of the albino alligator at the Fort Fisher Aquarium?
(answers: 1962, Chicken Hicks, Denmark, Gaffney, SC, Gibraltar of the South, 69 years, coquina outcrop, Bertha, Tuscarora, Luna)