Carolina Beach Farmer's Market a huge success! It has been well attended each week, and both vendors and shoppers have been very pleased with the Market. This is the place to buy your fresh produce; plants for your herb, vegetable, and flower gardens; free range eggs; and local meats and cheeses. Local artists also have their work for sale - paintings, woodwork, jewelry, and photography have all been featured. If you haven't gotten a gift for Mother's Day yet you can be sure to find something Mom will love at the Farmer's Market!
The Carolina Beach Farmer's Market is held every Saturday from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm at the Carolina Beach Lake.
Wondering what to do with the fresh tomatoes and basil you'll get at the Market this week? Try this recipe:
Tomato Basil Penne Pasta
* 1 (8 ounce) package penne pasta
* 1 tablespoon basil oil
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
* 1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
* 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
1. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil over high heat. Cook pasta in boiling water until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
2. Heat basil and olive oils in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook garlic in oil until soft. Add tomatoes, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in pepperjack, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese. When cheese begins to melt, mix in cooked penne pasta. Season with fresh basil.
Cook's note: Use 2 tablespoons olive oil if basil oil is unavailable.
Recipe submitted by
Did you make a delicious dish with something you picked up at the Carolina Beach Farmer's Market? Post the recipe in the comments section of this post to share with others!