Are you ready to get summer started? Then get ready for the 32nd Annual Carolina Beach Music Festival on Saturday, June 3, 2017. The beach strand at the historic Carolina Beach Boardwalk in Carolina Beach will come alive with the most popular beach music bands in the South at one of the longest running Beach Music festivals in the United States. This multi-generational family-friendly event is guaranteed to bring out the ‘shagger’ in everybody with a lineup of bands bringing their laid-back style of rhythm and blues to the beachfront including Band of Oz, Black Water Rhythm & Blues Band, and Jim Quick and Coastline.
This annual festival is held in Carolina Beach, where Beach Music got its start, and shaggin’ was born. Ranked one of the top 10 boardwalks in the country by Food & Wine magazine, The Carolina Beach Boardwalk is the perfect backdrop for this day-long music extravaganza with its classic shops and restaurants. The 32nd Annual Beach Music Festival is hosted by The Pleasure Island Chamber of Commerce along with the Cape Fear Shag Club, Budweiser, and the Town of Carolina Beach.
To get the most of your musical experience, know before you go. The information here highlights some important things to know before arriving at the Carolina Beach Music Festival, so read through carefully.
What You Need to Know
- Advance tickets available here for $25 (credit only).
- Tickets at the gate are $30 (cash only).
- Beginning May 1st, tickets will be available at the Pleasure Island Chamber, Island Tackle & Hardware, Silver Dollar and Olde Salty’s in Carolina Beach (cash/check only).
- Kids 12 and under are admitted free.
- Bring your own chairs, towels, and sunscreen.
- Coolers are welcome, but no glass allowed.
- No pets.
- No refunds or exchanges.
- Bring an Anhauser Busch product (no glass) and register to win some Budweiser Swag.
- Gates open at 10:00 a.m.
- Good Hops Brewing of Carolina Beach will be selling their locally-made English style Session craft beer on the beach.
- 11:00-12:30 Band of Oz
- 1:00-2:30 Black Water Rhythm & Blues Band
- 3:00-4:30 Jim Quick and Coastline
For up-to-the-minute festival information, be sure and join the Carolina Beach Music Facebook page. On June 3rd, come kick-off summer the Carolina way with some sun, fun, entertainment, and of course, shagging!