Whether it’s Carolina Beach, Kure Beach, or a Fort Fisher Beach wedding, all are easily accessible for your guests, as well as vendors.
The Fort Fisher Historic Park has two Gazebos on the ocean which are available to rent for weddings. Keep in mind that rules do apply for marrying on the beach in Carolina Beach, Kure Beach and at the Fort Fisher Historic Park on the beach. For guidelines and contact information, click here.
No matter if you’re planning an intimate gathering for family and a few friends or an extravagant to-do, the possibilities are limitless on Pleasure Island. Maybe you’re in love with the idea of getting married at the beach, but not so much on the beach? That’s not a problem either. Pleasure Island has lots of popular sites like the Carolina Beach State Park or the Ft. Fisher Recreation area for outdoor romantic nuptials. Even The North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher provides a unique indoor wedding by the sea experience.
Pleasure Island has no shortage of vendors to help you with your wedding planning needs like accommodations, ceremony officials, reception facilities, cakes, photographers, DJs, musicians, florists, caters, rental companies, and many more. For a full list of vendors in the area, visit this link.
Here are some other important things you’ll need to know:
Marriage License Requirements
You’ll need to obtain a marriage license at the Register of Deeds office in any county in North Carolina to get married here. The fee for a marriage license is currently $60. The good news is, there’s no waiting period, physical exam, or blood test required. For more information and requirements for obtaining a marriage license, visit the New Hanover County Register of Deeds website here.
Rules for Marrying on the Beach
Carolina Beach, Kure Beach, Fort Fisher Historic Park and Fort Fisher State Park allow weddings. Each location has their own set of rules and regulations. Please be aware of these when booking your wedding and don't hesitate to ask the site coordinator any questions you may have if you're unclear on anything. Below are just a few of the key rules required by each site. Additional rules may apply.
Carolina Beach Wedding Rules -
- Must clean up the area and remove all items when finished.
- Must leave enough room for emergency vehicles to pass through along the strand.
- Parking is first-come, first-served and can be scarce unless you use the pay lots. Contact the Carolina Beach Park and Recreation at 910-458-7416 for more information.
Kure Beach Wedding Rules -
- If chairs or tents are needed, please contact John Batson in the Kure Beach Town Hall at 910-458-6535.
- Must clean up the area when finished and remove all items.
- For parking information, please call the Kure Beach Police Department at 910-458-7586.
Fort Fisher Historic Park Wedding Rules -
- Two gazebos available on the ocean for weddings.
- $500 fee (three-hour block) is required for the use of either gazebo.
- $50 fee to reserve the gazebo for one hour of rehearsal time.
- If you wish to have your wedding in the grove (trees across from the museum) or on any of the land in the historic park, the fee is $500.
- There is free parking at this location. Please call John Mosley at 910-458-5538 for more information and to check availability.
Fort Fisher State Park Wedding Rules -
- To be married along the strip of beach past the "rocks" at the Ft. Fisher Historic Park, there is a $35 fee and you will need to fill out a Special Activity form which is available at the State Park. Please call 910-458-5799 for more information.